ACCOUNT MANAGERYou are welcome to choose us, we will be happy to serve you!
Home > News
There are three different kinds of clothson a filter press: the head cloth, which is for the first plate and is a singlecloth with a hole in the center; the tail cltoth, which is for the last plateand is also a single cloth but with NO HOLE in the center; and the intermediatecloths, which are all the cloths on the plates between the head and the tail.These cloths are double cloths, with one cloth on each side of each plate, andthe hole in the center of each side is connected by a short cloth tube.
HAD CLOTH REPLACEMENT
1. All of the plates can be removed from the filterpress with the exception of head plate; therefore, remove plates as necessaryto provide sufficient access to the head plate.
2. Using a spanner wrench, remove the center cloth nutfrom the cloth side of the head plate, while leaving the center feed mountingnut, located behind the cloth, in place.
3. Taking care not to damage the plastic p[late, inserta thin bladed screw driver into the groove at the outer edge of the filtercloth and pry a small section of the cloth out of the groove, or if the clothsare not to be reused, cut a six-inch slit into the cloth about one inch awayfrom one of the corners.
4. Grab the exposed cloth from step three with vise grippliers or equivalent, and pull the remaining cloth out of the groove.
5. Inspect and remove any accumulatedsolids from the grooves.
6. Aliening the new cloth into position by lining up thecorners of the cloth to the corners of the plate, and reinstall the spannernut.
7. Using the cloth installation tool, pound the sewn-inbead or caulk of the filter cloth into the groove of the filter press plate.Ensure that the caulk has been full seated to the bottom of the groove. Advancearound the groove pounding in about two inches to three inches at a time.