ACCOUNT MANAGERYou are welcome to choose us, we will be happy to serve you!
Home > News
Filter ClothInstallation – Gasketed (CGR)
The performanceof your filter press relies on the upkeep of your filter cloths and gasketing.It is a necessary evil. And we know, changing your filter cloths can be…frustrating.
Below is a listof tools needed, step-by-step instructions, and a how-to video to help youinstall a new CGR filter cloth onto a filter plate.
1) Hammer (wehighly recommend the air hammer)
Air hammer – product number: 40000235
Dead blow hammer – product number: 40000026
2) Wedge (ifyou’re using the deadblow hammer, this will come in handy) – product number:40000234W
M.W. Watermark produces filter cloths in-house
Filter Cloth InstallationInstructions
1) Filter plates should be powerwashed and clean
2) Roll one side of the filter clothin half and pull it through the feed eye
3) Align part number with the top ofthe filter plate
4) Lay filter plate on a flat, sturdysurface
5) Begin tacking filter cloth atcorners of filter plate
6) Work into the straight edges
If you’re using a deadblowhammer rotate the filter plate as you go so you’re always pulling the hammertoward your body, not reaching across the filter plate
If you’re using an airhammer, run it right along the straight edge to tack in the sides
7) Check for high spots
If you used a deadblow hammer, use a wedge to smooth high spots
8) Flip filter plate over to repeat onthe second side